Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE) has announced details of its comprehensive 2021 Retail Calendar, with citywide events, activations and experiences set to fully support the emirate’s economic and tourist development goals.
Created to attract both residents and visitors to the city’s impressive line-up of destinations, attractions and world-class malls, the calendar is packed with 15 festival campaigns spread throughout 2021.
With this year’s Dubai Fitness Challenge and Diwali currently underway, plus the UAE National Day celebrations poised to begin, the announcement of DFRE’s annual programme for 2021 reinforces the city’s status as the premier destination for holidays as well as memorable lifestyle and retail experiences.
The city’s ability to quickly bounce back from the COVID-19 pandemic and position itself as a safe, open and welcoming destination for residents and global visitors is testament to Dubai’s expertise, commitment and resilience in the face of crises.
Dubai’s retail community received the full support of the government as well as key partners and stakeholders who all work closely with the sector to help it reopen strongly, continue to drive sales and reinforce consumer confidence. This year-round support has empowered the entire retail community, from brands to malls, and established a solid foundation for continued growth.
Ahmed Al Khaja, CEO, Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), said: “The announcement of a new, full, busy and exciting calendar of retail events in Dubai for 2021 is a positive indication of progress from this year. We have learned many lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic; with the events of 2020 helping to shape a new focus on what is required to host major events in the months and years ahead. The new 2021 calendar offers a strategic platform of retail events, promotions and entertainment that will help to ensure Dubai stays safe and at the forefront of the world’s important retail destinations.
“Dubai’s retail sector is an area of major economic importance, and by working closely with our strategic partners, we will continue to provide opportunities for sustainable growth and development and achieve the emirate’s retail and tourism objectives.”
DFRE’s 2021 Retail Calendar will feature the following festivals and events:
- ●Dubai Shopping Festival (17 December 2020 – 30 January 2021):One of the biggest and longest running shopping festivals, DSF will return with exceptional retail and entertainment experiences plus life-changing promotions and raffles.
- ●Chinese New Year (31 January – 13 February): Catering to Chinese visitors to the city and Chinese residents who live and work in Dubai, this retail event will include entertainment, events, fireworks, cultural activities and mall promotions centered around the holiday.
- ●Dubai Food Festival (25 February – 13 March): The perfect introduction to the city’s all-inclusive and exciting food and restaurant scene, the Dubai Food Festival will offer a taste of international flavours, with gastronomic and dining experiences on offer each day.
- ●Spring/Summer Collection Launch (4 March – 20 March): Created to drive sales across the retail sector by supporting major stores and local brands, the collection launch will showcase the latest fashion lines with offers and deals that cement Dubai’s position as a global fashion hub.
- ●Ramadan in Dubai & Eid Al Fitr in Dubai (12 April – 15 May): A social, cultural and spiritual highlight of the 2021 Retail Calendar, the values of the Holy Month of Ramadan and festivities of Eid Al Fitr will be celebrated with a range of family events and retail offers.
- ●3 Day Super Sale: Big name global brands and local retail stores will offer savings up to 90 per cent over three days at malls and shopping venues across Dubai. The dates for this highly anticipated event, which features twice in the year, will be revealed closer to the sales period.
- ●Dubai Summer Surprises (24 June – 4 September): The long-running summer spectacle will feature exciting events, offers and promotions, family entertainment, exclusive deals and mega raffles with shoppers able to win a host of great prizes.
- ●Eid Al Adha in Dubai (19 July – 24 July): Eid Al Adha in Dubai highlights authentic Emirati traditions and customs, with events and promotions marking the cultural occasion.
- ●Back to School (15 August – 4 September): An ideal opportunity for students and parents to get ready for the new academic year ahead, the Back to School campaign supports the sales of school supplies with malls and retailers offering prizes to drive sales and build excitement.
- ●Fall/Winter Collection Launch (5 September – 18 September): Shoppers can find new season offers, the latest trending fashion lines and more as the city welcomes the cooler winter weather with a special collection launch.
- ●Dubai Home Festival (19 September – 30 September): Launched to support Dubai’s growing homeware and interior design sectors, the event will feature exciting promotions that showcase established brands and give young designers and innovators a unique platform to showcase their work.
- ●Dubai Fitness Challenge (29 October – 27 November): The fifth year of the Dubai Fitness Challenge will present a host of exciting and healthy activities designed to boost the fitness and happiness of the population while helping to establish Dubai as the most active city in the world.
- ●Diwali in Dubai (29 October – 13 November): Dubai’s Indian and international expat communities will come together to celebrate the ‘Festival of Lights’ with a huge array of events, promotions, and offers as well as stunning firework displays, live shows and great food.
- ●3 Day Super Sale: Big brands and home-grown retailers will reduce prices up to 90 per cent for three days. The dates for the second 3 Day Super Sale of the year will be revealed closer to the time.