Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) launches into another weekend with lots of great deals, promotions and activities for residents and visitors to explore. Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE) has highlighted a selection of mega sales, hilarious comedy shows, daring activities and relaxing hotel stays for an unforgettable DSS weekend.
LEISURE AND ENTERTAINMENT
- ●Wishes can come true at Mall of the Emirates with the Message in a Bottle activation. Residents and visitors who spend AED300 this weekend, and until 27 July, can use their mobiles to write their most exciting DSS wish. Every ‘wish’ and its ‘bottle’ will be uploaded to an augmented reality art piece that can be viewed on a smartphone. On 27 July, one lucky shopper’s unique DSS wish will be chosen and granted to come true by the Mall of the Emirates team. Shoppers can visit the mall’s Instagrammable desert island themed Message in a Bottle centrepiece to take part.
- ●Families can put their knowledge of Dubai, maths, geography and music to the test at City Centre Deira with the Family Flash game. The in-mall game show style competition will see two families, consisting of two parents and two children, battle it out for great prizes including a grand prize of a shopping spree in the mall. Contestants will face questions on topics including Dubai’s history, songs and music genres, geography and maths. Family Flash will take place every Friday at City Centre Deira until 14 August at the mall’s East Court space.
- ●This weekend, some of the biggest names in electronic dance music will live stream an unforgettable concert direct to Festival Arena as part of the Tomorrowland - Around the World digital festival. Featuring performances by some of the biggest and best DJs, live acts and producers, Tomorrowland will take place on 25 and 26 July with the indoor venue at Al Badia Boulevard in Dubai Festival City joining locations around the globe to broadcast the show. The Tomorrowland digital festival is an immersive online event that will connect music lovers for two days of spectacular performances that combine great music with 3D technology and special effects. Tomorrowland Around the World will be held from 7pm to 2am each day.
SHOPPING AND PROMOTIONS
- ●Shop for great deals on selected must-have items from more than 40 famous designer brands including Max Mara, FILA, Michael Kors, Longchamp, Karl Lagerfeld, Lacoste, Salvatore Ferragamo, Paul Smith, Tory Burch and Zadig & Voltaire, Kenzo plus many more this weekend with the DSS Muse Days promotion. Running from 23 July to 25 July, the city-wide mega promotion is available at all Chalhoub Group stores, including the footwear destination Level Shoes at The Dubai Mall.
- ●This weekend really is the best time to shop for designer fashion deals with unmissable offers to be found at, Balmain, Baroni, Ferre Milano, Louis Feraud, Man & Moda, Markati Palazzo and Pierre Cardin stores during the DSS Wonder Weeks with the Paris Group promotion. Until 29 July, DSS shoppers can discover huge savings of 75 per cent to 90 per cent on selected items at Paris Group’s high-end fashion stores located in the city’s best malls.
- ●This weekend, the second of six weekly prize draws for an INFINITI Q50 car will be held at Arabian Centre. Part of the AED1 million digital raffle contest held by Dubai Shopping Malls Group (DSMG) for DSS, the draw will take place on Saturday 25 July. Four additional prize draws for an INFINITI Q50 car will take place on 8, 15, 22 and 29 August. To be in with a chance of winning a luxury car or a share of cash prizes totaling AED300,000 during DSS, shoppers need only spend AED200 at participating DSMG malls.
- ●Residents and visitors can start the weekend early with three live shows by the ever-popular Laughter Factory. The Dubai-based comedy club will welcome to the stage comedians Nick Page, Peter Flanagan and Danny O’Brien for two nights of great jokes, funny stories and more at Zabeel House, The Greens on July 22 and Grand Millennium Barsha Heights on 23 and 24 July.
- ●DSS deal seekers can get a bird’s eye view of Dubai Marina and the Palm Jumeirah with Skydive Dubai. The extreme sports destination in Dubai Marina is offering tandem skydive jumps for AED1,799 this weekend and until 3 August. The promotion also includes an Instagram video of each jump, an official Skydive Dubai cap and 2 for 1 meal voucher for the Zero Gravity restaurant.
- ●Visitors to La Mer can celebrate the start of the weekend with a choice of great tasting dishes and a wonderful sea view at Stars n Bars this Thursday. The restaurant is tempting diners with a super value offer consisting of a burger, cheesy pizza or hearty quesadilla served with a salad and a drink for just AED59. Hungry kids are well catered for with a children’s menu main dish along with a drink and dessert available for just AED20.
- ●Food lovers can enjoy a three-course feast straight from the kitchens of Paris at Bistro De Arts this weekend. The French inspired restaurant in Dubai Marina is offering customers a special DSS set menu featuring starter, main and dessert for just AED99. With traditional French favourites such as beef carpaccio, cheese ravioli topped with Raclette cheese, and chocolate mousse to choose from, this is a weekend feast not to be missed.
The 23rd edition of Dubai Summer Surprises (9 July until 29 August 2020) is part of Dubai’s annual Retail Calendar that features major retail-based festivals, mega sales and exclusive retail experiences and attractions.
Dubai Summer Surprises 2020 is supported by key sponsor RAKBANK MasterCard and strategic partners which include: Emaar (The Dubai Mall), Majid Al Futtaim (Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Mirdif, City Centre Deira), Al Futtaim Group (Dubai Festival City Mall), Nakheel Malls (Ibn Battuta Mall, The Pointe, Nakheel Mall, Dragon Mart 2), Al Zarooni Group (Mercato Shopping Mall), Meraas (City Walk, Boxpark, The Beach, The Outlet Village, Al Seef, La Mer), Emirates Airline, Dubai Duty Free, AW Rostamani Group, Enoc, National Food Products Company and Etisalat.
To see the full calendar of events, please visit www.dubaisummersurprises.com and on @DSSsocial.