The 23rd edition of Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) is well underway; offering mega deals, a huge selection of offers and lots of fun-filled events, activations and giveaways each day. Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE) has highlighted some of the biggest and best family events, super sales and events taking place this weekend to keep visitors to Dubai’s malls and attractions entertained for days:
LEISURE AND ENTERTAINMENT
● The Pointe at the Palm Jumeirah will host an amazing display of fireworks each night from 16 to 18 July from 8.30pm, wowing the families, shoppers and diners who regularly flock to the shopping and lifestyle destination. Visitors can enjoy a special DSS menu with savings of 30 per cent to 50 per cent and “Buy 1, Get 1 Free” deals on selected dishes in participating restaurants and cafés. The weekend firework displays can also be enjoyed from onboard a RTA Water Taxi or Dubai Ferry as part of a one-hour trip around the Palm Jumeirah. Tickets are priced at AED400 for the private Water Taxi while Dubai Ferry tickets range from AED50 for Silver Class and AED75 for Gold Class. Family packages are AED210 for Gold Class and AED140 for Silver Class. Visitors can call 800 9090 to book.
● Diners can order great meals at fantastic prices this weekend and throughout DSS as part of the Summer Spree promotion. Some of the city’s most popular restaurants are serving super offers with prices ranging from AED30 to AED99 for three-course set menus, bento boxes and even all you can eat offers. The Summer Spree promotion means everything from classic Italian, fine French, traditional British and fresh-tasting Asian food is available. Participating restaurants include Reform Social & Grill, Mr Miyagi’s, Ramusake, Bistro De Artes and Ultra Brasserie.
SHOPPING AND PROMOTIONS
● Residents and visitors can win a 2020 model Cadillac CT5 with the DSS Cadillac Promotion Draw. Shoppers can enter the raffle on the spend of AED100 at any store, mall or outlet participating in this year’s DSS. Car enthusiasts can check out the AED95,000 luxury sedan car at Souk Madinat Jumeirah and JBR – The Walk until 26 August and the super DSS raffle draw will take place on 26 August.
● This weekend fans of fashionable footwear can find great deals on shoes of all shapes, sizes and looks at Kurt Geiger stores at The Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates. Shoppers can pick any two pairs of shoes for just AED499 from this famously comfortable and always on-trend shoe brand. This DSS Daily Surprise offer is available at Kurt Geiger stores on Thursday 16 July only and while stocks last.
● This DSS, Ibn Battuta Mall is hosting a mega Spend and Win promotion to take home a brand new GAC sports utility vehicle. Until 29 August, shoppers who spend AED200 in the mall will be entered into a raffle to win a GAC GS8 SUV worth AED96,000, as well as other great prizes such as shopping, entertainment and F&B vouchers. The draw for the GAC GS8 will take place on 29 August.
● This weekend, and each day during DSS, a giant gumball machine will award great prizes to lucky visitors to Nakheel Mall. Located in the mall’s atrium, shoppers who spend AED150 in any store can try and win shopping vouchers contained in super-sized gumballs. A weekly Golden Gumball grand prize of AED25,000 in mall vouchers will be up for grabs every Tuesday during DSS.
● Visitors to Mercato Shopping Mall can support the fight against COVID-19 this DSS. The Shop and Save Lives at Mercato Mall promotion will see AED1 from every AED100 spent in the mall donated to the UAE campaign to combat the virus, which is supported by the Department of Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities.
● From 16 July to 18 July only, DSS shoppers can find watches from international brands including Rado, Tissot, Calvin Klein and Longines with big savings at unbeatable prices during the DSS Rivoli Weekend at Rivoli stores in City Centre Deira, City Centre Mirdif and Mall of the Emirates. Valid only until stocks last.
● One lucky shopper at Majid Al Futtaim malls this weekend will win 1 million Share Points to use in MAF malls upon the spend of AED 300 and will be announced on 18 July.
● Families and friends looking for a change of scene this summer can learn how to snowboard or ski in a single weekend with Ski Dubai’s highly trained team of instructors. This DSS, the region’s only ski slope is hosting an extra special 48-hour lesson offer that will turn novice skiers or first-time snowboarders into masters of the (indoor) mountain in two days – they can even enjoy a hot chocolate to celebrate each other’s newfound skills at the end!
● Friends can suit up and challenge each other to a day of great value racing action on the track at Dubai Kartdrome this weekend. The indoor racetrack is offering an adrenaline-pumping deal of ‘buy two races, get the third race free’. Available throughout DSS, the 15-minute go-kart duels are open to racers aged 13-59 years old. Bookings must be made in advance online.
● Holiday seekers can turn their weekend into a staycation at The Retreat Palm Dubai – MGallery by Sofitel on Palm Jumeirah. Priced at AED499++ for two guests, guests can choose between the Spa & Beauty Staycation or the Beach Staycation deal. Each promotion includes pool and beach access, F&B offers and a night in one of the hotel’s Deluxe Balcony rooms.
The 23rd edition of Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) runs until 29 August, and features a calendar packed with activities for families, couples, friends and kids of all ages, making Dubai the ultimate destination for a summer of fun.
To see the full calendar of events, please visit www.dubaisummersurprises.com and on @DSSsocial.